Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Pedalling Career, Part 1: 3 Wheels

My big brother & I, in the great indoors
My pedalling career started, unsurprisingly, with a tricycle. My older brother and I each had one, his larger, mine smaller. We could ride them inside the house because the walls were logs and we couldn't do much damage except to ourselves.

Banished, but street-legal
A year or two later our family moved, and since our new house wasn't as resilient as the log house, the indoor pedalling was over. But, we did get to add spiffy hand-me-down license plates to make them 'street legal'.

It wasn't too much later that my brother learned to ride a two-wheeler. Then I was finally allowed to use the bigger trike.
Always with the hand-me-downs

Next up: graduation to 2 wheels!


P.S. This was all long before moving to Bellingham...

No comments:

Post a Comment